How does bonus wagering work?
Online casinos are getting more popular every year, but few players really know how bonus wagering works. Would you like to know more? GAMRFIRST explains it all in detail.
Bonus wagering : how does it work?
Slots machines, poker, blackjack, roulette : online casinos very often offer bonuses or promotions to players. These are sometimes subject to wagering requirements, also called wager or playthrough.
What is bonus money?
The bonus money given by online casinos is a form of promotion or reward. It can take different forms:
- The verification bonus given to new players when they register and verify their account: it is given without any deposit requirements.
- The classic deposit bonus for online gambling fans: for example, a casino offers a 100% deposit bonus (up to CHF 100) on the player's first three deposits.
- No-deposit bonuses, awarded to verified account holders on their birthday or when they are referred, for example.
- The Cash Spins (also called Free Spins): they can be offered at registration, when the player participates in a specific game or for a special occasion (birthday, jackpot, etc.)..
- The Fidelity programmes reward regular players with points or special benefits: these can include additional deposit bonuses, exclusive offers or gifts.
Good to know: the Swiss cantons have launched a major national prevention campaign on gambling, published on the main social networks. The gambling-check.ch website, available in all three official languages, aims to raise awareness of the risks of online gambling.
What is the bonus wagering ?
The Wagering, also known as the "bets requirement", is a condition associated with bonuses offered by online casinos. In practice, it refers to the number of bets required to collect your winnings. They must be made within a time limit specified in the terms and conditions of the promotion (30 days on average).
Often, you will find wagering on your bonus alone. But some casinos impose wagering on the total amount of the user account, that is the bonus combined with the deposit.
If you deposit CHF 200 into your player account and then receive a CHF 200 bonus, the wagering is x 30 :
Good to know: GAMRFIRST lets you track the progress of your betting conditions simply by consulting your player account..
How do I convert my bonus?
The conversion of your bonus into cash depends on the technique used to calculate the wagering. The calculation may be based on the player's bets. Their winnings are not taken into account. In some cases, wagering represents 0.10% OU 10 % of the playthrough.
Another technique takes into account the type of online game. Not all games are subject to the same wagering requirements: :
- On Slot machines, the player's bet is taken into account 100%: if you bet CHF 5, this is totally included when calculating your wagering.
- Whenever in table games, only 10% of the bet is conserved. In fact, for a bet of CHF 10, CHF 1 is taken into account to reach the wager.
To convert your bonus quickly, you need to select your online games carefully. Slot machines are highly volatile. While the jackpot is rarer, the winnings are often larger. On the other hand, some games offer a more attractive Return To Player (RTP). The winnings are smaller, but more frequent
Good to know: the volatility of gambling corresponds to the uncertainty and fluctuations of the results. The lower the volatility, the smaller but more frequent the winnings, and vice versa.
The wager varies depending on the online promotion. Before activating a bonus, take the time to read thes applicable conditions . Do you have any questions about GAMRFIRST promotions? Contact our customer service .
3 key points to remember:
- The wager is a requirement that must be met in order to withdraw winnings.
- There are two types of wagering: bonus wagering and deposit bonus wagering .
- There are two techniques for calculating wagering: the first is based on the player's bets, the second on the category of online games