DISCOVER THE ESSENTIAL RULES OF ONLINE BLACKJACK
A popular card game, blackjack is a must on casino tables. Also known as 21, it combines luck and strategy, offering an exciting experience to players of all levels. Whether online or in person, blackjack offers hours of entertainment.
Whether you are a beginner or an experienced player, blackjack offers you the opportunity to try your luck at GAMRFIRST. In our online casino catalog, you will discover many blackjack tables with stunning graphics. To relax with peace of mind, it is important to know the principle and the objective of this emblematic game. To become legendary, follow the guide to the essential rules of online blackjack with GAMRFIRST.
BLACKJACK: GAME OBJECTIVES AND COURSE OF A GAME
THE OBJECTIVE OF BLACKJACK
The principle of Blackjack is simple: beat the dealer. To do this, the blackjack player must obtain a hand whose total value is closer to 21 than that of the dealer. The score must never exceed 21.
Blackjack cards each have a value, as follows:
- Numbered cards have their respective values ranging from 2 to 10
- Aces can have a value of 1 or 11 points depending on what is most advantageous for your hand
- Face cards: jacks, queens, and kings all have a value of 10 points
The round is won when your score exceeds the total of the dealer's cards without exceeding 21.
HOW A GAME OF BLACKJACK PROCEEDS?
Each round of Blackjack begins with a bet. You announce and place your initial bet, then the dealer deals two visible cards for your hand and one visible card for himself.
Depending on the cards you have received and those of the dealer, you must make a decision about the continuation of the game.
For American Blackjack, the dealer then reveals his second card. For European Blackjack, the dealer must draw additional cards until his hand reaches at least 17 points. If he exceeds 21 points, you automatically win the round. If your hand exceeds 21 points, you unfortunately lose your bet. Otherwise, your hand and the dealer's are compared. Whoever gets closest to 21 without exceeding this score wins the round. A new round can then begin. In case of a tie between you and the dealer, there is no gain or loss of bet.
Regardless of the game's outcome, after revealing the hand, you can decide to continue with the same bet or adjust your bet for the next hand, for example, by proposing half of the initial bet.
BLACKJACK: UNDERSTANDING THE BASIC RULES
THE DIFFERENT CARD VALUES AND THEIR IMPORTANCE IN THE GAME
Generally, online blackjack is played with multiple decks of 52 cards. When multiple decks are combined, it is called a shoe.
The 52-card deck consists of 2 colors (red and black) and 4 symbols:
The colors and symbols are not important in blackjack. What is essential to understand the rules of blackjack is the value of the cards.
|Value associated with blackjack
|1 or 11 points depending on what is most advantageous for your hand
|Face Cards: Jacks, Queens, Kings
THE POSSIBLE ACTIONS DURING YOUR TURN
As soon as the dealer has dealt the player's face-up cards and depending on your hand, you can take certain actions before the dealer's hand is revealed.
Several options are available to you. You can:
- Take an additional card ("hit")
- Stay with your current hand ("stand") because your number of points seems satisfactory
- Double down: double your initial bet in exchange for an additional card
- Split: You must use this option when the first two cards dealt have the same value. This action allows you to split your cards into two separate hands and add an equal amount to the new hand. You will then play each hand individually
- Surrender: means that you withdraw from the game. You get back half of the initial bet.
It is also possible, depending on the blackjack table you have selected, to take out insurance. With the "insure" option, you protect your bets against a potential blackjack from the dealer only if the dealer has an ace face up.
For example, deciding to "hit" depends on the current total of your hand and the dealer's visible card. If you have a low total and the dealer has a low card, "hit" may be a wise option to try to improve your hand. On the other hand, if you already have a high total, "stand" may be preferable to avoid exceeding 21.
SPECIFIC RULES IN CASE OF A TIE WITH THE DEALER
In some games, there may be a tie in blackjack between the player and the dealer. If your total points are the same as the dealer's, this tie is called a "push".
Generally, in most blackjack rules, in case of a tie, you get back your bet without winning or losing. However, some variations may have specific rules in case of a tie, so make sure you know the rules of the table you are playing at.
At GAMRFIRST, your online casino, you can find different variants of blackjack. We offer, among others:
- Classic Blackjack: This variant is the simplest and most common. It is played with multiple decks of 52 cards and follows the rules of traditional blackjack.
- Multi-hand Blackjack: In this version, players can have and play multiple hands at the same time. It is a variant highly appreciated by the most experienced players
- Progressive Blackjack: This variant offers a progressive jackpot that increases every time a player bets and can be won based on a specific combination.
- Live Blackjack: GAMRFIRST offers several live blackjack tables. In this version, the game is played against a real dealer via a video stream. Live video blackjack invites you to an immersive and completely new experience
For each variant, specific blackjack rules may exist. Make sure to master them before starting a game.
MANAGING YOUR BANKROLL WISELY
At GAMRFIRST, you have access to your bankroll at any time. Therefore, when placing your bets at the beginning of a game, make sure to play responsibly. Set a budget and stick to it. In our online blackjack catalog, you have access to gaming tables with possible bets starting from 0.10 cents.
ENJOY THE ENTERTAINMENT OFFERED BY ONLINE BLACKJACK
Finally, the legendary player that you are must not forget that the online blackjack games offered on GAMRFIRST have a specific purpose: to entertain you. Enjoy your moment of leisure and relaxation online.
TIPS FOR MANAGING YOUR GAMING BUDGET AND AVOIDING COMMON MISTAKES
Blackjack is known to be a relatively simple game to master. However, it would be detrimental to start playing a game without knowing the essential rules of the game. To manage your budget well, define in advance the amount you want to devote to your online casino entertainment.
You can also read our article on roulette rules.